View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 07:35 PM   #15
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: CREEDFEED CONTEST #1 - Tell Us Your Favorite Creed Song and Why!

There are so many great songs from Creed and many that have touched my life. They're lyrics are so deep and meaningful that it's hard to choose just one, but the song I look back most fondly on is Inside Us All. That song literally saved my life. I've battled with depression (among other things) for many years and have attempted suicide on many occasions, primarily before I was medicated. One day after school, on one of my attempts, I was in the garage which my father uses as a workshop. I was standing on the shop chair with a rope over a rafter getting ready to hang myself. I secured one end to the rafter and proceeded to tie the other around my neck. I didn't know how to tie a noose and supposed a slip-knot would suffice. My knees felt weak as I stepped off the chair. The rafter beam broke and I fell to the floor and began again cursing God for making me live. I cried as the words to Inside Us All came to my mind: "Life can hold you down, when you're not looking up. Can't you hear the sound? Heart's beating out loud. Although the names change, inside we're all the same, why can't we tear down these walls and show the scars we're covering. There's a peace inside us all, let it be your friend. It will help you carry on in the end."

I have longed to meet Creed in person to thank them for saving my life and have never had the chance. Until now. On October 2nd I will be seeing Creed live for the first time ever in Salt Lake City. I will then tell them. That's reward enough for me.

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"