View Single Post
Old 05-21-2005, 05:03 PM   #58
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jester) here is one to think about just a thought mind you

Paul writes on love

1 corinthians 13:4-5 "Love is patient, love is kind, it is not envious. Love does not brag, it is not puffed up. v5 It is not rude it is not self-serving, it is not easily angered or resentful.

ok so here is my question All christians say that God is love right? but what about this?......

Job 40:6-14 God sits there and boasts (brags) about how great he is does he not?

Love does not brag?

Exodus 34:14: “Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.”

Love is not Envious (Jealous)?

there are more I just don't have the time to reference them right now

See this is what leads me to believe you jsut have a chip on your shoulder. Anyone can clearly see through the difficulties you are having.

Jealousy is a sin. The writers of the Old Testament knew that, and are clearly not meaning to say "God is a terrible sinner, only love HIM", they are showing how God is the ONLY God, and as such DESERVES that love and He ALONE deserves it.

In regards to your attempts at using dates to "disprove" the Gospels:

We do not have complete records from the period in question and there were several different callendars in use at the time all of which used "fudge factors" making precise dating almost impossible.

There were censuses taken by Roman officials every 8 years or so. Sometimes the censuses themsleves took several years to complete. We have reasonably established a census MAY have occurred ~6 AD. The previous one would have been ~3BC (there was no year 0). New evidence seems to indicate that Herod the Great may have died in 1 BC instead of 4 BC as most scholars had previously thought. So all of the dates do seem to add up.

Granted ,this isn't PROOF of anything, but you definitely cannot DISPROVE it either.