View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 07:32 PM   #54
dario
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Hey Jester, I must say you have some very strong arguements against Christianity, or at least the basis of it. You seem to have a lot of resources at your disposal and so it would be very hard to debate with you because I don't have those resources. I am actually in the process of moving, but reading your statements, I've decided to wait on packing the computer. I would love to start talking with you about this subject, but I am leaving to Cleveland for the weekend. So hopefully the discussion will still be going on by the time I get back. By the way, from reading your statements I don't believe you are out to prove everyone wrong. I understand where you are coming from and I believe everyone should step outside of the box. But I believe that when seeking the truth, it should be an honest search, not an attempt at disproving something. If you go into the search completely honest with your intentions then you will find what you were looking for. Even the Bible says this. Seek and you shall find.
Anyway, just to let you know, I've been a Christian for 11 years and not once, waivered in my belief. This is not an attempt at saying, "Ha, I'm so holy," but rather just giving you a basis of where I am at. I have thought a lot about what I believe in and why I believe it. I've never went off and studied the Koran or other religious books, just because I didn't need to. I have a strong foundation in God, and it's not the bible. It's my faith. God has worked wonders in my life both good and bad. I wouldn't know how to begin debating with you, just because I don't have as many resources as you. I have the Bible, which is all I need. I do have other books written by Christian authors, such as "The Case For Faith" and "More than a Carpenter." You might say that these authors are biased because they are Christians, but these authors are people who, once, were atheists and then, through their studies, realized the truth and became Christ followers.
I don't want to be here to try to re-convert you back or to prove to you that Christianity is the right way. I want to encourage you to seek the truth with honesty. I follow Christ and believe that He is the Way, not because of what the Bible says, but because of what He has done in my life. Faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see. To me Christ is love and hope. Why wouldn't I want to follow that? Ok, with that said I'm out, but I promise I will be back.

-Dario-

"What we do in life, echos in eternity."