View Single Post
Old 05-12-2005, 03:46 PM   #3
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Alright, here's the long answer. We cannot have our Salvation Guarunteed. We have the capability for Salvation guarunteed, but we cannot just be "saved" one day and then never lose our salvation no matter what. I don't have time to write out all the verses, but I will list them:

Matthew 19: 16-17

Jesus tells the man to keep the Commandments. Surely then, we must CONTINUE to keep the Commandments for our lives.

Matthew 24: 13

This one is absurdly clear. "But the one who perseveres until the end will be saved". I don't see how that allows for ANY other viewpoint.

Here is another amazingly clear verse:

Romans 11: 22-23

We can indeed be cut off. Thankfully, though, if we do not persist in our unbelief, we can be grafted back on.

1 Corinthians 9: 27, 10: 12

In chapter 9, Paul says (using a race as a metaphor) "I drive my body and train it", for fear that after having preached to others, "I myself should be disqualifed". That is very clear. If PAUL is not guarunteed Salvation, no one can be.

In chapter ten, verse 12, he says that whoever thinks he is standing securely should take care NOT TO FALL. Obviously them it is possible for us TO fall.

2 Peter 2: 20-21

This is yet another painfully clear passage that asserts once again, we can indeed fall away from Grace.