View Single Post
Old 02-19-2004, 11:03 PM   #20
Rune
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
i guess i'm the only one brave enough to completely disagree with the above statements.

I have said it before and i will say it time and time again, st. anger is not a bad cd, i love it personally.

Reload has been seen as a RELATIVE flop, that means compared to all other metallica albums (in which case, human clay is seen as a relative flop compared to some of metallica's albums).

Anyways, the way some people are reacting to St. Anger is the way the hardcore fans reacted to the black album: It's a new sound for the band and a new direction, and most people don't like change.

Personally i think it's refreshing that at least one band can get it right and grow musically like metallica has. They have the best mindset to constantly seek to find and break through new boundaries and take their music to the next level.

If you want to listen to a band you like put out the same stuff album after album, then be my guest, i personally find most bands out there nowadays boring with the exception of a select few. A band has to change it's style to be successful and grow, i'd like you to point out 5 bands that have been around for at least 20 years like tallica and have kept THE EXACT SAME STYLE the whole time.

You may not like it, but it takes an open mind to appreciate change, which many people seem to lack.

Oh yeah and PS:

If reload and st. anger suck, put out something better, then i'll stop ranting . If you can write albums better than reload or st. anger, or even half as good, then you're attacking the two albums will have some merit, PERIOD DOT!