Thread: Iraq
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2003, 09:38 AM   #26
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I agree with Amish on that part above, about war being stupid.

But we all agree Saddam sucks.

About this war being an attempt for getting more oil, there are other sources of fuel that are cheaper. For example: During the 80īs, Brazil launched a program to change gas for alcohol, a non-poluent fuel made of sugar caneīs liquid. Itīs way cheaper than oil, sugar cane farms last like forever. Of course, there are thing that alcohol canīt replace gas. But all the money invested on war could be invested in new technology researches.

But since this war is about the threat of terrorism, biological weapons and etc, I think once US has definately prooved to everybody that Iraq holds this weapons, tehy should be destroyed, along with other countrieīs weapons, including USīs.

Today I read on the news about a interview that Time Magazine made with a saudi-arabian prince. He presented a diplomatical strategy to replace Saddam for someone else. Donīt know if Saddam would be arrested, though, but he would "quit his job".

Despite their religious values, I think itīs worthy to release Iraq from a dictatorial goverment where they arenīt allowed to deal with modern life.