View Single Post
Old 02-06-2003, 12:59 AM   #20
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: Originally posted by creedfan47a
I'm with AW on this one.  Only because I dislike Lechium more.  

But you're right on one thing.  Iraq may be stockpiling 'weapons of mass destruction' but is there any evidence to suggest they are going to be used against the US?  I dunno......

So, Sadaam has weapons of mass destruction but we don't know if he's going to use them on the USA... oh well, just let him be with his weapons that he can use at any time to cause harm to the rest of the world.....

I'm am not supporting the war, but if this man is stockpiling such weapons, he needs to be dealt with. Just because there's no evidence that he's going to use the weapons against us doesn't mean we should sit back and watch him use them against other nations.

Amish said war is not a a necessity. How so? Sometimes its necessary to use excessive force in order to ensure peace. Here's an analogy... it might not be good, but here goes nothing...

There's always going to be someone who is violent in the world. Let's say there's a madman running around your town with a gun and knife trying to kill people. We know he has intent to kill... should our police force go about it's business peacefully, trying to talk this man to turning himself in, even though he has already demonstrated his non-logical, threatening behaviour? Of course not. Using force becomes necessary at times, although it might not be the most peaceful way to handle things, it is necessary to get the job done. Let's just say that I'd much rather live the rest of my life in peace and not have to deal with this lunatic running around with a gun and knife threating to take my life or lives of others I know.

Now exchange madman with Sadam, gun/kinfe with nuclear weapons, and the police with Army.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"