Thread: Mayfield Four
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 02:06 AM   #31
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) man... I'm priviledged for reading Chris' posts! lol Seriously... you should have a music column up somewhere!

I must warn you, Marcos...I'm very susceptible to flattery...

Quote: and yeah, me definately likes Myles is working on his lower register. I don't know much of Cornell though, except for Audioslave. I never got into the early 90's music. Actually I can't seem to like it...

well, it's never too late...Myles has only just recently learned to appreciate Alice In Chains...that's the great thing about music, man...it's NEVER too late...I only REALLY got into Led Zeppelin until a couple of years ago...Buckley, same thing...in fact, for a while there, I was so discouraged with modern rock (this was prior to my discovery of MK) that I would just go back into the seventies and find cool stuff there...

Quote: Once I used to care about Aerosmith, Guns and Nirvana, but I admit it was by pressure of media. I only started caring for music after I heard Higher on the radio. So pretty much, my musical history begins there.

again, though, man, just because that's where it began doesn't mean that you can't go back and check out the older stuff...bands like Van Halen, Night Ranger, and Bon Jovi got me into rock music, but, because of that initial discovery, I have found bands that I like WAY more than those guys...

[although, for the record, I still LOVE Night Ranger (the 80s stuff), and Jack Blades is one of my favorite songwriters...and Van Halen, well, I have everything of theirs except the one that Cherone sang on...]

Quote: Yup...Louder Than Love sold me as well. Even a Cornell not at the '91 level is a bazillion times better than some of the singers out there today.

yup...

Quote: Agreed. I'll listen to the Cornell of today above Chad Kroeger, Brad Arnold or *insert "rock" vocalist here*. Cornell is definitely one of my top 5 favorite vocalists, probably only second to Myles.

yup...although, speaking of vocalists better than most AND someone that sounds like Cornell at times: Ian Thornley...his solo album was ok, but the Big Wreck albums are BRILLIANT!!!