View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 06:08 PM   #3
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer
Re: What do you really think of people who hate Creed??

I've been a fan of Pearl Jam for 10 years and a fan of Creed for about 8 or 9. I STILL don't see what the big Creed/PJ similarity argument is about. I agree with the poster above Me - Scott sounds like Scott; Eddie sounds like God -- I mean Eddie. There's no real similarity in their sound to Me, except that they're both dudes that sing in the same vocal ranges. Wow, big fuckin' deal.

Honestly, I don't care who hates Creed. Music is a personal thing, and if the band doesn't mesh with an individual, then that's the end of that. There's no contesting that, because it's unique to each individual. People that diss Creed for the sake of dissing them, however, still make Me roll My eyes and walk away. There's no good reason to rag on them; they had a good run while it lasted, their music has provided quite a bit of inspiration and such for their fans, and the musicians do NOT suck.

But I cannot agree with everything in the first post.

Pearl Jam wishes they had guitarist with the talent of a Mark Tremonti
No, they don't.

Creed blew the doors off everyone and dominated rock music till their breakup...There was no competition for them
Dominated? Nah. They had a good run, as I said. They had some SERIOUS hits, two of which are pretty much household names by now. Pretty much everyone knows who Creed is, no matter how they feel about them. But I can't say they dominated much of shit. That term is too strong. As for competition, it depends on the arena.