Thread: Legalize Drugs?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2002, 08:02 AM   #24
LadySilk
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to LadySilk Send a message via Yahoo to LadySilk
All these arguments are so well thought out and excellently written and I respect all of your ideas and opinions. I think that marijuana should be legal and the reason is very simple. It is not addictive and having it for personal use is harming no one. Alcohol and tobacco are both legal and last year I lost an uncle to those "drugs". These can be much more harmful in terms of health issues. There are all kinds of vices out there from gambling to herion to hurting other people. In the long run the time, energy, and money spent debating this whole issue of marijuana could be spent more effectively dealing with other crimes and helping people with other crutches. I don't think other drugs should be legal, but marijuana also has health benefits for people with chronic illnesses. Furthermore, it is not a gateway to other drugs. People move on to hard drugs because of their lives, lifestyles, and inner problems. Not everyone who has used marijuana goes on to have a drug problem.

anyway just my opinion.