Thread: Daily Bread
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 04:19 AM   #2944
Sasa
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

Every situation ...leads to another...for GOOD reasons!

unless we are too busy complaining to see the goodness...

Yesterday was supposed to be my rest day...Wrong...HA!

My tire pressure was low, right front passenger side...I have nitrogen in my tires so I can't just go to the local service station and put air in it. I had to go to the dealership and put Nitrogen in it. The dashboard kept reading pressure at 28 and dropping as opposed to 35 and stable.

I get to the dealership and the nice man says...you have a very large piece of metal in the edge of the tire, which I can't fix because of where it is. I had to have a new tire. Oops...dealer had no tire to fit. He sends me up the road to a place he knows...might have my brand and size.

Now all week I ignored the low pressure, without realizing something was lodged in my tire. I drove 70 and 80 mph on the interstate everyday last week...I traveled about 400 miles last week..with a metal rod sicking out of my tire. I had an angel with me I think.

I told that to the guys at the tire store, they looked at me...and just shook their heads. They had a tire for me..a good one.. cost me $178 for one of them.

Now, I started at the dealership...and ended up at this special store...there are lots of tire stores..and I would not have known about this particular one had the guy not directed me to it.

Sitting in the middle of that store was an elderly African American man in a wheel chair with a toppogan on his head. After all the excitement wore off from me and the guys talking. My attention was put on him, and his on me.
We began to have small talk...then we progressed somehow to his injuries.

He is a paralized from the neck down, C4 injury. He said he broke his neck twice. Once a man cut a tree down on him, second time he was hit with a metal pipe on the job. That one paralized him. He said while he was in the hospital rehabilitating, he caught pneumonia.

He said I can remember laying in that hospital bed, and the doctors talking over him. He said, I heard them say, "he is not going to live, if he makes it 30 more minutes he will be lucky". He said that made him feel so bad, his doctors didn't have faith in him, that he could live. He said he knew in his heart that he was going to live...He BELIEVED in his mind..he was going to live. He knew God had his back.

He looked at me and said, "I believe I am going to walk again"...and I looked in his eyes and said, "I believe you will too." I asked him if he had any movement at all in his feet, and he wiggled his toes for me... ...He's been working hard on doing that. He said all the little kids at church always ask for his wheel chair so they can play in it. He said I always tell them one day...I am going to get up out of this chair and let you have it. Maybe today is the day he gets up and lets them have it.

We talked the entire time, they were putting on my tire...there was no waiting time really...just talking with this special man. Then I head one of the guys say. We've got you read to go, Ma'am.

Anyway...point being. He needed someone to believe in him, he'd been beaten down so much in his difficult life. God put me there to believe in him and then to be inspired and strengthened by his story and his spirit to keep going. Sometime all one needs is for another to encourage and believe in them to help them take the next step. You can feel His spirit tugging at your heart in one of those moments to let him speak through you. Something special happens in the process of transferance when they recognize Him in your eyes. I was completely inspired by this man and appreciated the things he shared with me. Glad I had to have a new tire and was sent to that special tire store!

Have a Great Sunday! Its shoulder day for me.

Last edited by Sasa : 02-12-2012 at 04:23 AM.