Thread: root of evil?
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 10:40 PM   #8
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: root of evil?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Lunar Shadow) Indeed Ralphy,

if you wanna speak on human nature well lets take a look at the pitiful excuse for sex ed in America.... The abstianace only education has been shown to be a total and utter failure yet the religious right keeps trowing money in to it. teen pregnency it on the rise as well as STD's. Why? oh simple because the sex ed system in this country basically goes like this... We'll tell people that protection doesn't work so they won't have sex. how ever what happens is that they will abstain from sex for a few months longer than they would have and then have sex with out a condom... why because the sex ed curriculum only spoke of condoms in their failure rate, so why use them right?

this is the bull shit we deal with day in and day out having to deal with the religious right. and where does this come from.... the catholic church and the protestant side as well.

just another short rant.

Thanks for yet another portion of blame. What's your answer to the problem? According to you and Ralphy people have little or no control over their sexual urges and it's foolish to expect anyone to abstain.
Their are plenty of self destructive activities out there besides sex that people engage in eventhough they know better. Some people will choose to ignore good or bad education and do something anyway.
I'm aware of the innocent victims of someone elses reckless behavior, but neither God or any place of worship FORCED any person into a sexual encounter.
Maybe it's just easier for you to blame God or a church, but I maintain responsibility lies with the individual.

I'm not expecting you to change your opinion. I'm just elaborating mine.

-Homer Simpson