View Single Post
Old 04-24-2003, 01:42 PM   #119
robaustin1701
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
>>>You and Rob want people to empathize with Chicago fans; well, how about empathizing with someone who might have been going through a bad time? Because he might have chosen a poor way of handling a bad situation, he is to be judged more harshly and is not worthy of your empathy?<<<

Just because he was going through a bad time, does not mean he was any less obligated to DO HIS JOB - perform at the same standard as every other show on the tour.

As jgaull pointed out before with his post about "losing his job" - if anyone else went to work drunk off their gourd they'd be fired. Why do we hold Scott to a LOWER standard? Because he's a rock star? Because he makes music we like? That's EXACTLY what you're doing.

That would be like me saying "Oh well Just because Rob screwed up at work when he was drunk, doesn't mean you have to fire him - I mean give the guy a break - the man was going through a rough time, I know he lost the company thousands of dollars but come on man...he was going through a rough time and needed to drink to get through it - even though it interfered with his work..."

--*Rob