View Single Post
Old 04-24-2003, 01:19 PM   #114
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by creedlvr
<b>Gee ... maybe not based on your previous ... "Or do I just make too much sense for this board?" ... comment.

As others have also said, I actually was buying some of your points .... until you ruined it with your last comment.

I am among those "rose-colored glasses" people that think everyone should "get over it." &nbsp;That doesn't mean that I am incapable of being reasonable or listening to what could be very valid points. &nbsp;But when you make a comment like the one you did at the end of your first post ... you lose total credibility.

I think the point here is that NO ONE is saying that what happened that night is OKAY! &nbsp;But still ... it's not like the show didn't go on. &nbsp;The last time I checked ... this was not ... "The Scott Stapp Show" ... it is Creed. &nbsp;Any yes ... Scott is a MAJOR part of who "Creed" is. &nbsp;But the show DID go on and the rest of the band did more than try to keep the show together. &nbsp;You still heard Creed's music and lyrics ... maybe not as you normally would have ... maybe it wasn't what you deserved based on the great shows they normally put on ... but they did come on and play.

No... I was not there. &nbsp;And yes ... if I were there, I would have been very upset too. &nbsp;I don't think you need to be 13 years old to have felt disappointed and let down.

But the bottom line is ... it happened. &nbsp;Unfortunately, it can not be taken back. &nbsp;There is not one answer or "fix" that will be suitable for everyone. &nbsp;Perhaps an apology is suitable for you ... or a make-up show is suitable for someone else ... and yes ... those things are quite reasonable and, to some extent, even expected. &nbsp;However, there are some people that would see that as an admission of guilt and use it against Scott and the band.

I think it's been proven time and time again that some people in our country will use the judicial system as a tool to earn a quick buck. &nbsp;That is what is wrong with this country ... everyone is "sue happy" (i.e., spilling hot coffee on yourself and blaming the supplier for it ... or ... suing a homeowner for shooting you after you've broken into THEIR home ... both true stories).

It's true that the judicial system is there to settle differences between people when one feels they have been wronged. &nbsp;But come on ... suing because you didn't get a good concert!?!? &nbsp;That is disgraceful! &nbsp;I think the system could (and should) be used for a bit more serious issues.

If someone is unhappy with the show that Creed put on, then it is their right to not go see another one ... or to not support them by buying their cds, etc. ... &nbsp;to sue, though??? &nbsp;That's just ridiculous!

Okay so ... you go see your favorite baseball team and the star player has an "off" night and plays lousy! &nbsp;It's a major upset and the team (expected to win) loses. &nbsp;Do you sue?? Where does it end?

There are many things in life that don't go our way. &nbsp;You can't go around suing everyone for them. &nbsp;Again, I am in NO WAY saying that Scott is not at fault. &nbsp;Hopefully, this will NEVER happen again! &nbsp;But please tell me how suing them is going take away that "13 year old" boy's disappointment. &nbsp;All that is doing is teaching him to use money and greed to make a statement.

Suing is just not the answer. </b>
You said it Creedlvr That statement you just made sums it all up To a T! Very well said!
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot