View Single Post
Old 04-16-2003, 11:10 AM   #8
Northerner
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
You've obviously missed the whole point of the poem! All the things mentioned are showing how "big a deal" it was.

To start at the beginning....
The wages of sin is death.
People don't like hearing it but you just can't go around living the way you like, Sin has consequences.
AFter Adam's betrayal and introduction of sin to the world it was forever seperated from his glory. Just a select few were given the priveledge of knowing God. Then.....
Jesus came. He lowered himself to a pitiful human to reconcile the world and give his life as a perfect offering. We are all sinners and should therefor by rights go to hell and suffer, but jesus took our sins upon himself that we might live. Its amazing!!
In answer to the second part of your question, the dying for three days wasn't the biggest pain for Jesus, he was soiled, humiliated, engulfed and shrouded in SIn, which alienated him from his father. He and the Father are after all, one and the same, he lost a part of himself.

I hope this now makes more sense, it is a unfathomably "big deal" and you and I, and everyone else in the world owe him an infinitely huge debt.