View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 12:43 PM   #59
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by sina2b) Generally I think that these guys dont have any agreements on anything, as they once loved each other, never thought theyd break up and overall they were kids back then with no experience, and the fact that they dont have an agreement is why theyre all claiming whatever the hell they want to claim, because nothings written down on paper in a legal form. However besides all that, if we use our own brains and exclude what stapp or tremonti has to say, we all know that Stapp can't even write a song on his own today, not to mention 10 years ago. But every moran would learn after 10 years and so did Stapp (a lil bit) and thats when he started influencing the songs as we can clearly see in wethered when you compare it too human clay or MOP; the guys couldnt take his input and split. Now compare AB and Scott (TGD), whose writing better songs? TGD might be creedish but it sure isnt even close to what mark wrote; maybe it sounds the same to a novice but i can sure distinct them from one another and Im no Rock Pro.

Here's what I don't understand. You claim that Stapp's influence is more apparent in each disk as time progressed. You also, in earlier posts, equated talent to record sells. Weathered and Human Clay were both multiplatinum disks that resulted in Creed selling out nearly every arena they played at. So, using your logic, Stapp was essential to the success of Creed and created a sound that brought fame to the band. "Open Your Eyes" is also Creedish... as is "Down To My Last." Both Stapp and Tremonti still hold on to the Creed sound because it's what made them famous. I hate to say it... but Alter Bridge will, most likely, never reach the status that Creed once had... and neither will Stapp.