View Single Post
Old 02-12-2004, 05:56 PM   #40
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by american_bad_a$) dang, you have some screwed up theology.
Not cool, man.

Quote: (Originally Posted by american_bad_a$) God let adam and eve eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil for a reason. he could have stopped them and done something else, but He didn't. God let them eat because the end would glorify Him. and that end is when the world ends, satan is destroyed and sentanced to the lake of fire forever, and all the christinas go to heaven. god is sovereign. he knew that tadam and eve were going to eat of the tree. and if he knew it was gonna happen, he planned it.
Or perhaps there exists free will, he trusted they would follow his rules, they didn't. It seems to me that, in saying this, you are essentially calling God malicious and a sometimes-trickster. You know, that he intended for people to screw up. Doesn't say anything about that in the Bible. Just b/c you know something's going to happen doesn't mean you plan it. I might be the CEO of a car manufacturer, I might know that all my union workers are going to strike, but does that mean I plan it? No.

Quote: (Originally Posted by american_bad_a$) man has a choice. you are right. but the only option in that choice is to sin. Romans says, no one chooses to do good. only christians can choose to do good because they are christinas have have the holy spirit indwelling them and therefore, they can make the right decisions.
are you saying that, by double election, you mean that all Christians go to Heaven and everyone else goes to hell? If that's the case, then I agree with you. But I don't agree with the fact that "oh, this Buddhist can never be converted b/c God has damned him from birth"

Quote: (Originally Posted by american_bad_a$) God is sovereign, he is not hindered by anything. he can do anything, cause anything and stop anything. i don't understand how you can say that god couldn't stop adam and eve from eating from the tree.
Easy: free will. Like I said in a previous post, laws of science dictate that "for every action, there exists an equal and opposite reaction"; thus, evil and sin inherently oppose good. Therefore, it was necessary for the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil to exist. Because Christ was not part of God's plan at the time, Adam and Eve were given only one chance to screw up. Once they blew it the first time (as any of us would have done), simply killing Satan would not wipe out sin. Sin is inherent.

Quote: (Originally Posted by american_bad_a$) christians dob't send people to hell. God. does. Luke 12:5, "fear the one who has authority to cast into hell..." that is God. Christians do not send people to hell. it is their job to witness to the people that are going to hell. jesus said, "i did not come to call the righteous, but the sinners."
True, but I've heard stories in church of people who have either stopped going to church or did not go in the first place b/c of lack of hospitality and/or no invitation to join. Wouldn't you say it's nearly impossible for someone to know Christ if he/she is not exposed to him in the first place? It is our job as Christians to spread the Word of God to nonbelievers, not sit idly by, assuming they are all damned to burn in hell. That's why, in my opinion, I think it's great that bands like P.O.D. play OzzFest and tour with secular bands. Reaching out to those who have not yet been saved.