View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 01:31 PM   #55
meeceek
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Vote Rain to #1 on VH1 TOP 20!

I'm going to venture a guess at this point about that ranking on the VH1 homepage. My guess is that it may be tied to Rhapsody downloads... look at the very top of that column that lists all of those rankings. That doesn't even match up with the current rankings at iTunes either, but I bet both of those are based on current sales/downloads and not specific votes at VH1. So, I think we fans should keep on voting and supporting the video, if you are inclined to do so. The Top 20 Countdown has been around a while, and I really don't think it is rigged. It's an all out effort by fans to vote and keep voting, even multiple times. I think the assumption was made earlier that the rankings on the homepage were reflecting current votes, and I don't think that is the case. The only place I can see any kind of current votes being tallied is on the mobile voting page. After you vote there, it shows the % of votes cast at that point for each artist, and it also shows the total mobile votes cast at the bottom. But, as we saw last week, even that does not show where the overall current voting stands because Creed was in 2nd/3rd right up to the end in mobile voting. So, let's get behind the guys and recruit some others to vote, too.