View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 11:33 PM   #10
Bthuff80
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: THE VOICE OF STAPP???wtf????

I will agree that the tonite show wasnt that great at all. But how many times have you watched one of your favorite bands on that kind of stage and it was Disappointing??? Alice in Chains was on the tonite show last week, and they didnt sound all that great (I saw them live in philly a couple months ago and they were incredible). I firmly believe that bands dont take doing shows like that AS seriously as an actual live show and they dont prepare as well for them. (even though they probably should because its promoting their album)

And I dont want to hear that he's been through alot. Perfect example is Chris Cornell. He's been belting out songs since the late 80's starting with temple of the dog, then soundgarden, then a solo project, then Audioslave, and now another solo project....add in surgery to his voice box because he literally blew out his own voice and he still sounds incredible live. I saw time in April in Philly which was the 7th time ive seen him live and he sounded better than ever. If you want any better evidence, check out his performace on 9/11 at the Tonite Show. He sounded awesome.

I truly think Stapp is done and doesnt have the voice anymore. His voice sounds AWESOME in the album, but how much of it was edited and enhanced digitally?