View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 10:33 AM   #11
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: why is stapp hated so much?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Scorpion King) True. No is perfect. And it has indeed been Stapp's struggles that have given much material create songs with. But to get back to the original question, Stapp wouldn't be so hated if he didn't look like a walking contradiction. Don't get me wrong, I love his music, and fully support his ambitions. Moreover, Stapp's behavior isn't exactly new to the world of rock. But his music is so rich and full of beautiful and meaningful messages, and he isn't afraid to say that his music is supposed to be meaningful, and to teach a lesson. But then, he turns around and does all sorts of outrageous behavior, and doesn't seem to actually live according to the values that are espoused in his music. He seems to talk the talk, but not walk the walk, and I think that this annoys lots of people who might otherwise have no problem with him.

And then of course, there was the whole controversy around the actual music, the supposed Christian messages, and the backlash against post-grunge. These probably just compounded things.
i agree 100 percent will not argue about talking the talk and not walking the walk and some outrageous behavior deffentliy shows that in full light but just like JT said Its hard for him b/c whatever does its going be put in the spotlight because he is famous WE SEE A NEGATIVE SIDE AND WE SEE A POSTIVE SIDE and people are going to look and foucous on that Negative before they give the postive a chance and scotts lyrics has i always foucused around THAT WALK and the talk for the matter WE HEARED JUSTIFIED that song is sending a message also again from the bible which was taken from the book of job NO MAN IS JUSTIFIED and all through those chapters GOD speaks of his ways IT just so a hard place and when most christians of today you bring up the book of job that book is more avoided that book no christian wants to face jobs agoney And if most people wont be so judgemental and do the instuctions and that follows christian faith that unheared message is sorta brought to life DONT JUDGE OTHERS , and its odvious he has not hid by no means by tell fans IM going through hardtimes right now i,ve got friends going through the same things right now its just not brought up on VHI or a current affair and the only person we ourselves as to awnser to at the end of the DAY is God and if people would respective the postive over the negative which they never do that would proabley be given ARE TORN STAPPY A NOW LET ME REMIND this is the guy who belted out torn would be given him a high a 5 at the end of they day and thats a message that backs all my friends now furthermore if they are more at ease with those who walk and talk oh we,ve got jars of clay casting growns and third day stapp draws christian audinces and when it gets hard enough before back slding haaaaaaaaa cometh at that end of that walk they will wanna here a stappy song no no no you can judge a walk unless you have walked yourself and no i cant justify stapps walk or other proclamied fans or christian who judges him nor can i fight the press Oh But i know What the good word says and one is gossip is no good and being famous that comes with package and stapp being christian has to deal with all this issuies so hopefully we can pray for the guy that he acomplishes what he needs with this new record and tour and for the rest TO sweep in front of their own door and furthermore what all he is been through it would be really easy for him to tell everybody just that BUT THAT RIGHT there is man is proof of the CLOSER walk with thee he deals and presents his fans and the press with all love and respect
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You