Thread: Tour is over!
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 04:14 PM   #19
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Tour is over!

Yeah, and I hope if Creed ever does reunite, they don't do so under the WU label. That would probably irritate WU which would give the guys some measure of satisfaction. And I'm not sure if they reunited, that it would definitely be for the wrong reasons. If they reunited for, oh, say one final tour to please the fans, I think that'd be a good reason. But just to make more money by continuing the course they went with the Weathered album? Definitely a bad reason. The only way I'd ever want to see Creed reunite is if (1) they aren't doing it for financial reasons (2) the guys really want to get back together writing music(all four of them) and are all committed to the band (3) they will produce a fourth album(the Greatest Hits doesn't count) that is equal to, if not superior to, My Own Prison. None of this radio friendly stuff like on Weathered. But I highly doubt any of this is going to happen, and as it stands, I'm happy with the music AB and Stapp have put out since the break-up. Too bad WU hasn't felt the same.

It seems like RoadRunner and WU are very similiar in a lot of ways. Both will give good promotion to the "top sellers"(Nickelback for RoadRunner, Evanescence for WU[before that it was Creed]) and will ignore everyone else(Cantrell, 12 Stones, Big Dismal, Alter Bridge, Stapp etc. etc.) for the most part. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with promoting the "cash-cows". But not at the expense of artists who are still trying to establish themselves. WU has mislead countless artists into thinking that they are all a big "family" and that they are looking out for the bands when, in fact, they don't care about them and won't pay attention to them unless they're the next Creed or Evanescence.

You know what I would love to see happen? I'd love for AB and Stapp to get together and release an album full of Creed's B-sides--independently so WU wouldn't get a dime. Unfortunately, WU probably owns all the songs, so that won't happen. But, still, I'd love to see them both get even with WU for how WU has treated them since the break-up.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!