View Single Post
Old 04-26-2003, 09:30 AM   #167
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
You shut up and eat the dang pizza

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You go girl!!

Hey, whoever doesn't like that baseball analogy, how about this?? For the past 3 or 4 years, I have gone to a day/night cricket match at Adelaide Oval. Australia playing whoever it happened to be that year, India, Pakistan, etc. One of the thrills of such a day/night match is that as the sun goes down after the dinner break, the big oval lights come on, and they continue playing under the lights. It's a spectacular thing to witness.

Now, each time I have gone to such a match, I hoped for a good long game, but I always wanted Australia to win after a nail-biting finish. Now, for at least two of these matches, Australia has played so magnificently, that they won and the match was over hours and hours before it was scheduled to finish. Thus, the lights were never used. The thrill of a heart-stopping cricket match under lights was taken from us. We went home with a whole evening ahead of us, and nothing to do.

On another occasion, Australia actually lost to the other team. Can you believe that???? I went to see them win and THEY LOST!!!

Should I sue the Australian cricket team because they won so quickly and deprived us loyal fans of a thrilling game under lights? Or because the game was actually a bit boring because the other team never stood a chance of winning? And should I sue them for losing that one game, and sending us all home depressed and downhearted?