View Single Post
Old 05-08-2005, 10:33 AM   #27
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
People seem rather confused on this issue. First, in true Protestant fashion, some have claimed Baptism is useless because it is a work. First, it is not really a work, it is an outpouring of Grace from God. Second, you might not believe works are important to Salvation, but that is another argument. Until you can prove that Salvation is obtained by proclaiming Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior (which the Bible never says, by the way), then you can't say Baptism is useless because it is a work.

"Baptism now saves you". I can't remember the exact verse (don't have my Bible with me) but it is in Acts, I suggest you read it. Obviously, there is the Nicodemus discussion, as well as plenty of other verses, I will find some later.

Some people have argued that God would not be cruel, and deny someone Heaven because they weren't baptized. Well there are different forms of Baptism. There is Baptism by water, the usual kind. There is Baptism by Desire, which is when you believe in God, want to be saved, but do not have the ability or knowledge or means to be baptized. There is also Baptism by Blood which is when you give your life for Christ, and you are immediately cleansed of all sin because There is no greater deed than giving one's life for Christ.

As for all of the verses pertaining to beliving in the Lord will save you: I couldn't agree more. You do indeed have to believe in the Lord. But Paul ALSO says elswhere that we are saved by Faith working through love, that he (Paul himself) is not yet "aquitted", and he was PAUL.

Sorry for lack of verses, I'll get more on this later.