View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 12:21 AM   #16
josha31042
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: *The Official "Full Circle" Reviews Thread*

I'm not going to take the time to sum up every song in detail.
I can sum it up in one word; ....HOLY ****

Anyway, the album is the best they've done, as far as I'm concerned.
They have never released an album that I could listen to from start to finish without skipping a track or two, here and there.
I can listen to this one all the way through a thousand times,
and it probably won't get old. The only real complaints I have about the album, are as follows.

1. Fear - A very, very, very good song.......
If you listen carefully to Stapp's voice after the second chorus, you will hear his voice strain for a couple of seconds. Sounds like he needed to clear his throat before he continued. I could almost bet my life that it was a mistake to let that part in on the album. Maybe there was no time left to fix it, I don't know. But after the part where he whispers "change", listen carefully....you will probably hear it. I picked it up on my first listen through, and I wasn't trying to spot anything. His voice has been that way a lot of times during acoustic radio performances.

2. Scott - Scott did an absolutely amazing job with
the vocals for this album.
He still lacks compared to days of old....some, not so old......but, the guy sounds fantastic.
He definately poured his heart and soul into these vocals.
I am satisfied. Great job Stapp.

My one gripe about his vocals, excluding the one mentioned in Fear, is when he sounds kind of like a ticked off Jack Russel Terrier at the end of "Good Fight". "Fight on!" It was a little much. Could have been great if it wasn't so sharp and forced.

3. A Thousand Faces - Epic song. If Tremonti's background vox was as loud as they were live, it'd be even better.

4. Full Circle - Great song. Just kind of sounded better live, musically. The beat is a bit louder live.
Also, when Stapp sings, "second chances bring another impression", he throws an 'h' in the word chances.

5. Production - Howard Benson did do a great job with this album. However, I am not a fan of the way he and Chris Lord-Alge use compression. They do pretty much the same thing with each album they work on. Yeah, it's in your face......but it kills alot of dynamics in the music. Sometimes, it even blends all the guitars into one big unrecognizeable mess.
Sure....there's some guitars in there...somewhere....

Too much compression is a bad thing. Especially if you can notice compression on the vocals, audibly turning them up and down dramatically.

I will not go so far as to say that I wish they had picked someone else, because it is a FANTASTIC work of art, but I hope they return to Kurzweg one day.

Everything they did with Kurzweg had the perfect clean rock sound, with heavy driven guitars, and lighter compression. It was the perfect "creed" sound. Kurzweg reminded me of Bob Rock in some ways.

All that being said, I honestly think it is their best all around album to date. Away In Silence is an amazing song....if that song doesn't move you, I don't know what will.

Stapp really wrote some of the best lyrics he has ever penned in his life, on this album. The boys have really created a masterpiece this time.

It was worth the wait.
Welcome back, Creed.

Last edited by josha31042 : 10-24-2009 at 12:53 AM.