View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 03:53 PM   #100
ctfan
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) To Ann and ctfan,

Nowhere in my comments did I say Jeff Martin's remarks made me believe Stapp was the reason for not working together. In fact, please point out where I said this, because ctfan, your comments make it appear that I did say this somewhere.

And if you really want me to take that position, then here ya go... as shiver posted...

From: http://www.calgarysun.com/perl-bin/n...90038.html&a=1

Jeff pretty much states that Stapp has problems (baggage) and he doesn't want to be a part of it. It's as clear as day there. Acknowledging someone is a nice person and acknowledging the person also has their own personal problems are two different things. One can think highly of a person and also realize the person has their own problems that they don't want to be a part of.

Yea Steve, I read that one too.... But my opinion still stands. You know, I have alot of respect for Jeff Martin and his bandmates because I like the way they present themselves, and I like their music.

But over the course of many comments and opinions, people have made it appear as though the Tea Party just walked away because of Stapp, and I just don't believe that. The fact that the song they helped Stapp on, was remade without them...and it was after that the Tea Party left, says alot about the label. I mean, even Tremo stated that Wind-Up wanted them to edit their own songs, and he refused. Maybe that's what the Tea Party didn't like.

As far as the "baggage" comment is concerned....I know if I were another band member, I would really have to question working with Stapp too, given the fact that 3 of his (Stapp's) former band mates continually trash him in every interview they do. It would make me wonder if those former members would talk about me in the same way, esp if they knew me personally.

Hmmm, the demons?? Maybe Stapp is trying to please everyone....

Just my opinions on things.