View Single Post
Old 11-28-2004, 04:00 AM   #27
Disillusioned
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I started this thread for the purpose of igniting discussion and feedback over what I considered to be, if true, a completely different twist on an issue that has remained somewhat clouded with confusion...the lyrical/musical collaboration of Tremonti and Stapp. My personal reasons for wanting feedback was because up until I became a fan of Alter Bridge, I hadn't ever even lurked, let alone posted at a Creed message board. Although I do gravitate toward controversy, I really was looking for answers.

On the alterbridgeband.net board, one of the mod's from mt.net who was also privy to the Tulsa dinner conversation, stepped in to clarify what went down.

"Hey everyone,

I'm Drew, the other mod at mt.net. Me and Michael (Tig) spent the day with Alter Bridge at the Tulsa show and we happened to run into a member of our board, so he took it upon himself to decide that him and his 2 friends were going to join us. Not that I objected, but just so you know... we didn't ask this guy to come. Things were said at the dinner table that shouldn't be spread over the internet. I've come to find that to be the difference between MT.net and others... is that when someone like Mark entrusts you, someone he knows to be a loyal fan, with information that normally wouldnt be disclosed to the John Q public, you should definately know when and when not to pass that info on to others. For example, the band breaking up... certain people who i dont know wanted to be the ones that were "on the inner circle" and thought they should take it upon themselves to let the world know creed was finished. Do you think Mark would have wanted all of his fans to find out like that? Or do you think he would of rather it been a little less soap-opera?

Considering the majority of members on this board are people who have their vcr timers set to record all their fav soap operas, i guess that makes perfectly good sense.

Mark did NOT say he wrote 90% of the lyrics for Creed, he was talking about the music, and the melody lines. Rumor terminated, by a first hand witness.

Now, what is up with actually bashing another site and saying that one is better than the other? Its not a competition in any stretch of the word. Each one of these boards has its own cliches, thats obvious, but its ridiculous to bash people, or worse, websites, over the internet. Stalkeresque, personalized banners, and Adobe Photoshop do not make a website great. Neither does gossip. Carry on...

When asked the question "What all creed songs did you write?" Mark replied, "Man i wrote 95% of that stuff." Anyone could mistake that when Mark didnt specify that he meant music and melody lines. The guy didnt make a thread about this and make a huge scene, he put it in his fan review and somebody came to your site and blew it out of context and proportion."

*For the record, I wasn't the one who posted this guys review at alterbridgeband.net. I posted it here, and I've already explained my reasons for doing so.

Last edited by Disillusioned : 11-28-2004 at 04:21 AM.