View Single Post
Old 11-27-2004, 04:17 PM   #26
OneOmerta
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) mark did write some of creed's lyrics and perhaps he wrote 50% of them but the best songs had scott's lyrics. is this the end is but the first example....

I agree. There is no doubt that Mark did indeed write some of Creed's lyrics....but 99%? LOL....no, I don't think so. This whole "who wrote what" bullshit has been going on for YEARS...even back on Creednet. There have been posts made by Michael Tremonti himself...saying that on MOP, STAPP wrote 90% of the album.

GO: Did you write any of the vocal melodies or lyrics on My Own Prison?

Mark: I wrote the lyrics to "Torn" and alot of "Whats this life for." I wrote some lyrics for "My Own Prison" and "Pity for a dime" I ususally sit down and write a guitar line and hum a little melody. What Scotts's real good at is songs like "Unforgiven". I could never write a melody over that choppy verse. He is good at doing the choppy stuff like "Big Sister" (typo on the writers part?) and "Unforgiven". I'm the chorus man, he's the bridge-and-verse guy.

From Michael Tremonti posted on one of the bb's (not sure which one..I think it was PIT):

Quote:
On the MOP album? The first verse and chorus for Whats This Life For. Chorus for Pity For a Dime. Chorus for My Own Prison(the part he sings). I think thats about it on that cd. Scott handled 90% of the lyrics on that cd. Until recently Mark was more of the melody guy than a lyricist.

Michael

Quote:
Some, Mark had no lyrics or melody ideas only music. An example would be Bullets. Mark had the music but no lyrics and had no idea how the song should be sung so Scott did all of that.
Well we were just talking lyrics so on Pity all Mark wrote was "sell my pity for a dime, just one dime." The only reason I even know that was because before Creed started Mark had that song and sang that part all the damn time and hummed the rest of it.

Michael

it's obvious to me by listening to my AB cd...that Mark did NOT write 99% of the lyrics with Creed.

None. It's not in our evaluation.
Just one. And he'd do it a lot faster than a City Carrier.
None. Maintenance would file a grievance for crossing crafts.