View Single Post
Old 11-25-2004, 01:34 AM   #14
Disillusioned
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) Basic point-he wrote the majority.

Exactly. When I posted this thread it was 1:59 AM my time and to be honest, since I had previously believed that Stapp was the primary Creed lyricist, when I came across this review I was floored! Prior to posting this I had not "researched" it for accuracy, but my reason for posting it was for the purpose of discussion and feedback...it was not my intention to pass it off as something Mark said verbatim.

This afternoon however, I took the time to go through the mt.net board reading various threads to see if I could come up with a more complete scenario of what went down over dinner in Tulsa.

Mark and his wife didn't have dinner with just this one person...more like a total of approx. 10 people were at the table, meaning several people were privy to this conversation which included Micheal Joiner (the site owner/administrator of marktremonti.net), who I believe to have credibility. Because of his credibility and out of respect for Mark, if it hadn't been for the fan who "tagged along" for dinner and then dished-out a few details on the message board, I think that even fewer details would have surfaced from that night.

Do I take verbatim as coming from Mark what this fan said? No. But I believe that as the conversation went down, it was revealed that Creed, lyrically, was more Mark than what had previously been presumed by many...to the point of it being understood that apart from WAWO, the "partnership" amounted to small contributions from Stapp.

Last edited by Disillusioned : 11-25-2004 at 01:44 AM.