View Single Post
Old 11-18-2004, 10:08 PM   #15
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Hellboy) Now that I've put some thought into it, there's no real reason for them do a video for FTR. VH1 isn't gonna play that hard of a song very often anyway; they're mostly top 20 material (Broken Wings anybody???). I may be mistaken, but did the video for "What If" ever get much play? FTR is a great song to be a hit on rock radio stations and get rock fans interested, but not much else. And who knows, maybe they're gonna hold off and put 2x the money and energy into the video for the third single. I'd be fine with that. The only real reason for them to do a video for FTR is to make the hardcore fans (us) happy, but I don't think that's reason enough. It is a business after all.

You are missing a couple points.......

1. You forget stations like Fuse who play videos all of the time. People will begin to like it more and more. Velvert revolver's slither wasn't a "popy" song yet it was very very popular among a lot of people. Think about the older people too, they will love AB's Find the real because it has that 70's rock feel to it.

2. A video doesn't cost that much to do.....If Wind up won't pay for it then why can't the band?

3. Even if it isn't popular, why not just do it for the "harcore" fans? It would be worth the money.