View Single Post
Old 10-07-2004, 12:10 PM   #18
kariyanine
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to kariyanine Send a message via MSN to kariyanine Send a message via Yahoo to kariyanine
Ok, let's get this straight here.

1. Christianity in itself is not a religion. It is a basic belief structure of people that believe in Christ. Catholics, Methodists, Mormons, Lutherns, Jehovas, Episcapallians, Menonites, blah, blah, blah..... are all Christians in the sense of the idea that they believe in Christ. Yet not one of them is the same religion. They share basic fundamentals.

2. My opinion of this is that if you believe in Christ, you are a Christian. I grew up Catholic but I do not practice the Catholic religion or any other organized religion for that matter. I don't believe that I need a guy with a big hat telling me what I can and cannot eat on Friday's during Lent and if I don't follow his diet I am a sinner and need to go and confess it to him. I beleive that if you find peace with yourself and with God through other means than you are just as much of a Christian as someone whom goes to church once a week and donates to the air conditioning fund. If you live by Christ's teaching then you are a Christian.