View Single Post
Old 10-06-2004, 07:20 PM   #17
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by I'mRational) Christ being the one and only savior is super-basic Christian belief. Now, 'Christian' can be used is myriad of ways. Some were raised Christian but don't pay attention to Christianity now, or believe the basic tenets. Yet, these people will call themselves Christian. Now, would I call these kinds of people by the term 'Christian'? I'd say no because they reject basic Christian belief.

I guess we should clarify some things before any discussion goes further. What some people mean by 'real Christians' is that there is an acceptance of the basic beliefs such as, Christ is your one and only savior, he is God incarnate, part of the trinity, etc., but we should understand that what is written here is not exhustive. Also, some people use the term 'real Christian' synonomously with 'born again Christian'. This is what JesusFreak could mean, but i don't want to put words into his mouth (by the way, is the screen name a ref. to DC Talk?).

Now, what do the band members believe? I have no clue, except for a few snippets of comments. i'd have to talk to the guys to know if they are or not.

i would agree with this and that if someone denies the basic tenents of a religion then they are not followers of that religion. however its very hard for us as fans to sit back and decide the eternal resting place for the members of
florida's most rocking band. we then also have groups such as the jehovah's witnesses and the mormons who would claim to be the only true church and yet they deny basic biblical tenents at least according to evanglical teachings. lots of people grow up surrounded by religion and yet its highly doubtful they ever found a faith of their own. this could go on forever......
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie