View Single Post
Old 10-06-2004, 06:49 PM   #16
I'mRational
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) cool...
this is a touchy subject and is a very subjective question. who's view of christianality is correct? can one be a christian if they deny basic biblical principles such as christ being the only saviour and all else are unsaved?

Christ being the one and only savior is super-basic Christian belief. Now, 'Christian' can be used is myriad of ways. Some were raised Christian but don't pay attention to Christianity now, or believe the basic tenets. Yet, these people will call themselves Christian. Now, would I call these kinds of people by the term 'Christian'? I'd say no because they reject basic Christian belief.

I guess we should clarify some things before any discussion goes further. What some people mean by 'real Christians' is that there is an acceptance of the basic beliefs such as, Christ is your one and only savior, he is God incarnate, part of the trinity, etc., but we should understand that what is written here is not exhustive. Also, some people use the term 'real Christian' synonomously with 'born again Christian'. This is what JesusFreak could mean, but i don't want to put words into his mouth (by the way, is the screen name a ref. to DC Talk?).

Now, what do the band members believe? I have no clue, except for a few snippets of comments. i'd have to talk to the guys to know if they are or not.