View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 02:20 PM   #5
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: We almost lost Grandpa yesterday!!

Thank you all so much for your prayers!
I guess the doctors have him as stable as he is going to get right now but he seems to be getting better slowly. He will need to have a home heath aide come in now though once they send him home for the rest of his life. However much longer that may be. I'm hearing that it could be days, weeks, or months. No one knows.

Grandma was telling some family members that she feels that it may be his time to go, as much as she would hate to lose him. We will just have to see how it goes for now. I went in to see him several times on Friday and he was a grayish color and the few minutes they had the breathing mask off for him to take his meds, he was just gasping for air. It was hard to see him like that and I didn't really know what to say to him except for "Hi Grandpa", so he would know that I was there. He could tell who was in the room but he couldn't say anything with the mask on. He is talking a little bit now but only a few words at a time and he sat up for a few minutes and then he laid back down when he felt like he needed to today.

Dad said that there was some drama today between some of the family members but that usually happens when everyone gets together no matter what the circumstances are Some of them just can't help themselves I guess.
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot