View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 04:12 PM   #1
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
We almost lost Grandpa yesterday!!

For those of you who don't know, my Grandpa had a massive heart attack on New Year's Eve and he has been in and out of the hospital ever since twice for his lungs filling up with fluids and a few more for breathing problems all as a result of the doctor sending him home way to early in the first plac

This last time Grandma had a cold and Grandpa caught it and his lungs filled up with fluid again Early yesterday one of my Aunt called and said that his hands were blue and that he was dying, so we rushed over to the hospital where he is and he had a breathing cap attached to his face because he isn't getting enough oxygen to his lungs My Grandpa has smoked for years and he has emphezyma (sp) and COPD on top of all of this. While we were all at the hospital I went in to see him and he waved to let me know that he knew I was there, but the entire day his blood pressure would either drop or get really high and he had a catheter and he hadn't passed any urine for most of the day, so they thought that his kidneys had quit working as well.

One time when I went in to see him, they had taken the breathing mask off to give him his meds and he was just breathing extremely heavy and he had a hard time taking the medicine. We could tell the mask wasn't very comfortable for him but he had to have it on to help him breathe.

When my dad, his girlfriend, and I went to leave at around 10 pm he had finally passed some urine and today the nurses were taking the breathing mask off in little spurts to see how he does breathing on his own. So those are some good signs but he has a long way to go before he gets better. I just hope those stupid doctors don't send him home to early again so we have to go through this again.

So please keep him and our family in your prayers!! Thanks!
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot