Thread: Indy show . . .
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 12:51 AM   #1
xxRobxx
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Indy show . . .

First . . . Hello! Longtime lurker, first time posting (duh)!
I went to the Indy show last night. We did the Platinum VIP. It was awesome!! It seemed the VIP packages sold well for this show, alot of peeps there to meet the band, which (as usual) were very friendly and gracious to all. This was my sons first show, so I wanted to go big!
They played 'Faceless Man', 'Say I', and 'A Thousand Faces' during sound check. The band was awesome. Couldn't tell much about Scott's vocals at that point. He was working the sound guy most of the time to get the right mix.
Theft and Skillet opened and just rocked it. I was getting a little worried because I've read many so-so reviews here, and was concerned the openers, Skillet in particular, were about to steal the show. Nope! Creed just tore it up all night!
The place was pretty darn close to a sell out. The crowd was loud and pumped and Creed was feeling it! The set list was as expected, no surprises, although 'Rain' was much better live than I thought it would be. One crazy moment Mark, Erock, and Brian were jamming together during 'What If' (I think) and Mark fell! Don't know how, but he finished the song on his back and the rest of the guys were about to bust a gut laughing once it was over. It seemed to amuse Mark as well!
Scott was money all night. Really high energy and sounded good too. The guys seemed to enjoy the show, Erock said as much on FB (something about it being a sick show with a killer crowd), I can't think of a thing that would of made it any better. It was my first time seeing the guys, and I was so blown away! Can't wait to do it again!
This review kinda comes off as just fanboy praise, but trust me, it was THAT good! If you have anything specific you want to know, ask and I'll try to answer.