Thread: Abortion
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2002, 02:19 PM   #2
allison
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
If I may, I'd like to refrain from answering these particular questions for now but would like to say something else about abortion. There is an abortion risk that people never talk about. It's not infection or infertility, it's how it affects women emotionally. When women go to have abortions, the counselors inform them of all the physical risks, and they tell them that they may feel sad for a short time afterwards, but not to worry, it's just hormones. But they never, ever tell them that they have a very good chance of suffering severe mental and emotional distress for months, years, and even decades afterwards. Some women never heal. I have seen it in several women I know, in fact, ALL the women I know who have had abortions, are stricken with this.

I will probably offend some people here, but I feel too strongly about this not to say it. Organizations like Planned Parenthood SAY they care so much about women, I say bullshit. If they cared so much about women they wouldn't deny this epidemic of guilt, anger, regret, depression and mental grief that so many women are left with after abortions. They would at least be honest with women and let them know the risks- ALL of them.

I am not trying to sound like I don't care about the aborted fetuses, I do. I just wanted to bring the women up b/c no one ever does.

No, Marcos, thank YOU!