View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 10:09 PM   #17
no_fixd_address
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Correct: 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 18, 19,

YOU SCORED 75%!!!!

15 is half right. the best answer is C. The Pharisees were corrupt, but they held the office of the magisterium, "Moses seat". Jesus was saying they had to be obeyed. Infallibility has nothing to do with imeccability. Furthermore, the term "Moses' seat" is a Tradition upheld by Jesus, and not found anywhere in the OT.

17. Where did bible scholars get their information? The answer is ultimately B, oral tradition. That is a historical fact, and has nothing to do with opinions.

20. How do we know, from the Bible alone, that the letters of St. Paul, who wrote to first century congregations and individuals, are meant to be read by us 2000 years later as Scripture?
answer>> A) we don't, the bible doesn't tell us that

Jesus commissioned the Apostles to preach, not read the Gospel to all nations…

Quote: Mind you I had to take this test as if it were being administered by a Catholic so I had to change my form of referance because the answers are debatalbe between prodistants and catholics regaurdless *jumps through hoop* I have proven myself.

Its not about Catholic or Protestant, its about truth.
“There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church, which is, of course, quite a different thing.”

Bishop Fulton J. Sheen