View Single Post
Old 10-21-2002, 04:03 PM   #22
wxman1969
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
The LA show was quite good, though as I have read in some other posts, the crowd was small. I'm sure there were many people who got refunds after the 10/8 postponement. Plus the World Series was on (Staples had the game on many TV's in the halls and there were many people crowded around them in between acts). The floor was barely half full and there were thousands of empty seats in the stands. That place holds about 20000 and I'd estimate the crowd at closer to 10K (if that).

The opening acts in my opinion were really bad. They just sounded like a lot of loud noise. Maybe it was the acoustics, but Creed sounded much better. Whoever said Color Green and Cinder were opening was correct (where did you see that?) Everything I found said either Sevendust or 12 Stones. From what I've heard, 12 Stones would have been much better than what was there.

Anyway, Creed played a great show and the set design was really cool. Lots of fireworks and stuff. I feel sorry for all those that had to put together the set only to have to take it down when shows were cancelled at the last minute. The show was about 1 hour 45 minutes, including about 4 songs in the encore. Scott was VERY appreciative of the fans that were there and he really genuinely seemed to mean it. His voice was strong, but I think he may have been holding back just a little bit. Not surprising given this is his first show since being ill. At least he has a couple days to rest now before the next one.