View Single Post
Old 09-26-2002, 01:08 PM   #25
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
Quote: Originally posted by TeriB19
No I don't feel God is going to send a child to hell... for they have not come to the age of accountability yet. Meaning that they have not come to the full mental capacity to understand that they are a sinner in need of salvation.  

A newborn baby is a sinner in need of salvation? I'm not getting that. Again, it's all in interpretation of the bible. I don't believe that a child who is not baptized is a sinner in need of salvation. My best friend is Jewish, did not have her baby baptized, but is raising that child to be a good person (not a Christian) and treat others well, help people and generally live a good life. Is that child going to hell?

First of all I don't believe in baptizing babies. Baptism by water doesn't save someone's soul all by itself.

John 3:4) "What do you mean?" exclaimed Nicodemus. "How can an old man go back into his mother's womb and be born again?"
5) Jesus replied, "The truth is, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit. 6) Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives new life from heaven. 8) Just as you can hear the wind but can't tell where it comes from or where it is going, so you can't explain how people are born of the Spirit."

A person must be mentally capable of understanding that they are a sinner... in need of a Savior...need to be baptized by water... and born again of the Holy Spirit of God... which means that they must believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Savior... then the Holy Spirit of God transform them into a new creature spiritually speaking. The transformation comes on the inside of the spirit... the baptism by water is just a mere outward symbol of the work on the inside of the spirit.

Second of all The Jewish religion doesn't even acknowledge Jesus Christ as the Savior. They are still waiting for the Savior to come and save them. They don't even acknowledge the Holy Bible other than the first five books of the Old Testamment called the Torah. Therefore by what the Bible sspeaks of that Jewish mother will go to hell if she doesn't accept Jesus Christ as her personal savior before she dies. Unless she is a Messianic Jew... a Jew who holds to the traditions of their faith but they also believe that Jesus Christ is indeed the Savior and have made Him the Lord and Savior of their lives.

As for the baby... if that baby died at this very moment without becoming mentally capable of understanding the plan of salvation then no that baby would not go to hell.

~~~~~I am my kid's mom.~~~~~

~~~My Diary~~~~My Photos~~~