View Single Post
Old 09-26-2002, 11:42 AM   #18
allison
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Again, I do not believe that for a human being to be admitted to heaven, they must accept Christianity as their religion and belief system. Since you do, I'd like to know how you can believe that our God, as loving and merciful as He is, would condemn the following 2 examples of people to hell:

Example 1: a child who does not yet have the capacity to know what she believes

Example 2: a person living in Afghanistan, or Japan, or anywhere else where Christianly is not the dominant religion, who has never even had the opportunity to learn about Jesus

(Note: those are not the only 2 types of non-Chrsitians that I think would still go to Heaven)

As for your question of whether I believe "all that the Holy Bible teaches", yes, of course, although I think that just as different people hold differing opinions, people interpret the Bible in different ways. Some take it literally, word for word, others try to understand it in the context in which it was written, which, alot of times, it not a literal interpretation. You choose to take it literally, I do not believe that it should be taken that way. You have your opinion of the "right" way to take it, and I have mine. And that's OKAY.

No, Marcos, thank YOU!