View Single Post
Old 09-29-2004, 12:27 AM   #29
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Hellboy) One Day Remains is a good, solid rock album with catchy melodies and rocking choruses. It's not quite the rock opus it wants to be, but is better than most rock albums out today, and is definately not the same song on repeat 11 times. While several songs are almost perfectly written rock/pop radio hits (OYE, Broken Wings), it is not "the savior of rock and roll music" as some have proclaimed (settle down! you know who you are!). I enjoy a good solo as much as anybody, but there are A LOT of them, maybe a few too many (possibly because Tremonti is getting them out of his system after holding them in all those years, due to a lead singer who didn't want the spotlight on anybody but him...I still love Stapp as a singer...don't get me wrong).

1. A lot of solos? Only about half of the songs on One day remains have solos. So i don't understand where you are coming from. Maybe you aren't use to badass guitar work.

2. YOur critique of One day ramains is too many solos and the singer? ok.... get to some details.

3. Nobody has declared it the savior of rock and roll, we just think its a great album in a world of ass (IE Rock music as it is today)