View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 05:42 PM   #101
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) and Ann, one more thing, i dont want you to think im telling you to post, or not. i would never pressume to do so.
however, i will ask that you post with respect. im not aware entirely how you took that, but on reading your response, i think you either misunderstood me or didnt quite read my post. and i will tell you, if youre going to be disrespectful although it may be your choice, theres no point. if it has no respect or understanding in it, it has no value or worth in its words.
wether or not you are capaple of posting with respect is up to you, however.

when a person feels invalidated, i realize that it is difficult to show respect...but it seems that the words and phrases that make so many feel they are being invalidated are also words and phrases used to express or share concern, give advice, and can be used in a positive way as well.

One of the requirements of respect is not feeling invalidated...therein, is where i find confusion, for if one uses the words and phrases that cause invalidation, even tho they are used without malice...they will still be taken as disrespectful, condesending and patronizing.

respect is a word that has many meanings to many different people...it would be difficult for me to post with respect and still meet each person's expectation of their personal meaning of the word.

So, with that in mind, the only option i would have would be to either not comment at all...or make a comment in support of the other person and their belief and feelings (opinions) without interjecting my belief and feelings (opinions) at risk of causing them to feel invalidated, and thus disrespected.

and should i initiate a thread and i felt invalidated by someones comment and disrespected, would i not still be accused of being disrespectful to them if my return comment expressed any feelings (opinions) of my own..because then i would not be respecting their feelings (opinions), according to the rules of respect.

How do you feel about what i have said? Doesn't this strike you as a somewhat counterproductive way to make comments on a BB?...

just a couple of thoughts that came to mind.

~peace, out.

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing