View Single Post
Old 06-01-2003, 11:02 AM   #25
Said Eyes
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Ok, so here's the way I understand that whole thing went down:

Marshall was always the bad seed, the joker of the group. He did things that the other guys didn't like. What happened with the radio interview was that the guy compared them once again to Pearl Jam, Marshall had had enough, so he launched his 'tirade', essentially claiming Vedder wished he could write like Stapp. This was the final straw, and soon after he was kicked out of the band. You guys saw Stapp's reaction statement thingy, basically saying that Pearl Jam are a great band whom he and Creed wished to be as great as one day. Tremonti later said that he couldn't believe he (Marshall) said something like that, and was really angry and disappointed in him. He was out of the band a long while before the official announcement that Marshall was leaving for 'musical reasons' or something similar - the usual way of not giving a reason.

Soon after Phillips' friend Brett Hestla took over on tour. Then later on it emerges that Marshall is upset at the way royalties are being dealt with. Proceeds from the first two CDs he claims are now being paid to Stapp/Tremonti music inc or whatever its called, which was created, after Marshall left, to deal with the economic side of the band. He feels that he isn't getting as much as he should, also arguing about the songs being copywrited whatever under Stapp and Tremonti's names, not the entire band's.

It also emerged that Marshall hadn't been in contact with the other members of Creed since their parting, but apparently he had a nice break spending time with family and doing a fair bit of fishing before joining his current band, Grand Luxx. I've not heard a thing from them, so I'm not sure what they sound like or if they're still making music.

I don't know what youre talking about writing music extreme_LITHIUM, Brian only wrote bass lines because he played bass. Just as Phillips doesn't write the majority of lyrics, yet does all the drumming because, fancy that, he's the drummer. Maybe Marshall wasn't satisfied with his position in the band, but I heard he was playing bass for Grand Luxx too, so I don't know.