Thread: Mayfield Four
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 03:42 PM   #44
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I guess I'm tired of a lot of the generic rock out there today, all the bands trying to copy Pearl Jam or Nirvana or Creed or Soundgarden or *insert popular 90s/00s band here*. I just hope that more original bands like Foo Fighters, Audioslave etc. come along and dominate rock radio, because I'm getting pretty irritated with hearing Nickelback, Hinder, 3DD, 10 Years and Seether everytime I turn on the radio...

we're on the same page, man...to me, for the longest time, ALL I was hearing on the radio were derivatives of those first Seattle groundbreakers like Nirvana, PJ/MLB, Soundgarden, AIC, and Smashing Pumpkins...I had lost interest in modern rock until I heard the song "Summergirl"...and, yeah, I'm with you on Audioslave...they're the only bigger band out there right now that, to my thinking, is carving their own niche in the music scene...and, yeah, as for the Foo Fighters, even though I feel like they musically peaked with The Colour And The Shape, I feel that they are not capitulating to modern trends (for the most part)...