View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 08:05 PM   #16
SecretWeapon
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: This is an honest question. Really.

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Wasn't really sure where to put this so I decided this forum seems suitable, at least.

I assume, though I am not positive, that the resident atheists here believe evolution occured and does occur. I don't disagree. I think it is certain that some type of evolution occurs, I think it is questionable exactly how widespread it is and how much it has influenced different species, etc. but overall I think it is at least a viable working theory.

It is also apparent that a lot of people on here believe homosexuality is genetic. There is certainly no proof of this, and while there is some evidence both ways, it is clearly still up for debate, though I am not prejudiced either way.

But, there does seem to be a contradiction between "survival of the fittest" and this idea that homosexuality is genetic, so I am asking the question (with no answer of my own in mind): is this possible? If so, how?

You know, I've been giving this alot of thought latey, also. If humanity
were, indeed, advancing, and if homosexuality were a mutation, then
by all means, it shouldn't be here, at least not in it's present frequency.

However, on the other hand, the vast majority of mutations are harmful
or neutral, so if it were a mutation, it would not be surprising. What
does cause me to speculate, though, is how long it's been around. As
far back as we have record there has been homosexuality and bisexuality. Shouldn't there be at least a dent in the homosexual population by now?

Like a circle in a spiral. I can't figure it out. Not enough facts.