View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 01:50 PM   #157
sina2b
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) It's sending the message to stop this friggin celebrity-worshiping obsession people have with the private lives of those making the music. Fans are obsessed with knowing every little friggin detail of an artist's life. Why should that matter? They make the music, you buy the music. They put on a concert, you attend the concert. It should end there. If people weren't such fucking ass-wiping sycophantic greedy wanabes, maybe the artists would feel like they could concentrate on what they do best instead of trying to be perfect in the eyes of the idiots who put them on a pedestal. They are not perfect people and neither is anyone else. There are plenty of "regular joes" who engage in the same activities purportedly engaged in by Stapp and 311. I know plenty of people who have substance abuse problems, but that doesn't make them bad people. It makes them humans who happen to have a substance abuse problem. I'm not going to judge a person based on his imperfections, the same imperfections that some of those not in the public eye have. And before you go on about, they chose to be in the public eye, blah, blah, blah, it still doesn't mean they deserve the unfair higher standards placed upon them by their supposed fans. I'm not justifying the man's behavior, but he's not out there selling drugs to people or murdering or stealing, or engaging in behavior I would consider immoral. I know people who have done far worse things to others and have never had to pay for that behavior.

We do let them, by focusing on everything BUT the music and putting them on an undeserved pedestal. Enjoy the music and get off your high moral horse.

thats obsession is envolved in being a celebrity, and thats why they are celebrities and famous because they get alot of freakin attention and most love that attention at least prior to getting it. So if they want to live a normal life, hate people judging them and want to be out of the spot light thats a decision they make so either way they have to live up to the consequences. Note that there are many musicians that are not celebrities or at least they keep themselves out of the spot light.

And no one is blaming anyone for substance usage, if you know a few that have substance issues i bet that most of them use substances however that does not give them the right to do whatever the hell they feel like doing and being drunk in public and abusing others is something that a normal person would get his ass kicked for, now consider being a celebrity it amplifies the issue several times and thats quite normal too.

We didnt beg scott to become a celebrity to feel sorry for him now, im not even sure why people do feel sorry for him as from my perspective hes been luckier than most of us in life but just keeps on fucking up every oppertunity he gets.