View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 01:36 PM   #155
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) I'm NOT saying Stapp necessarily is one but do you honestly expect me to support a band, group, singer, movie, director or ANYTHING that I consider immoral or idiotic? What kind of message is that sending?

It's sending the message to stop this friggin celebrity-worshiping obsession people have with the private lives of those making the music. Fans are obsessed with knowing every little friggin detail of an artist's life. Why should that matter? They make the music, you buy the music. They put on a concert, you attend the concert. It should end there. If people weren't such fucking ass-wiping sycophantic greedy wanabes, maybe the artists would feel like they could concentrate on what they do best instead of trying to be perfect in the eyes of the idiots who put them on a pedestal. They are not perfect people and neither is anyone else. There are plenty of "regular joes" who engage in the same activities purportedly engaged in by Stapp and 311. I know plenty of people who have substance abuse problems, but that doesn't make them bad people. It makes them humans who happen to have a substance abuse problem. I'm not going to judge a person based on his imperfections, the same imperfections that some of those not in the public eye have. And before you go on about, they chose to be in the public eye, blah, blah, blah, it still doesn't mean they deserve the unfair higher standards placed upon them by their supposed fans. I'm not justifying the man's behavior, but he's not out there selling drugs to people or murdering or stealing, or engaging in behavior I would consider immoral. I know people who have done far worse things to others and have never had to pay for that behavior.

Quote: Worship the music not the musician is an easy way to justify liking anyone, and is also a reason so many rock stars, actors etc. GET to be big idiots. We let them.
We do let them, by focusing on everything BUT the music and putting them on an undeserved pedestal. Enjoy the music and get off your high moral horse.