Thread: Scott on VH1
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2004, 10:11 PM   #22
JenRN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Jen, so what you are saying - prednisone really can mess somebody up? So what Scott went through really was how he described in some of his interviews? That poor man. I don't have any knowledge of prednisone whatsoever.
Long term prednisone can cause all kinds of problems. It causes weight gain, mood swings, anxiety, and many horrible other things. I have seen people on it for chronic illness and they end up with horrible "thin skin" bruising, lethargy and many other crappy symptoms. Even Jane Pauley from NBC did an interview and long term steriod not only made her gain weight but she ended up suffering bipolar symptoms, now that sucks! I was on it short term following a miscarraige I had, it made my face all puffy, could not wait to come off of it and that was only for a short time ( thank god). So yeah, what he went through is real and it is unfortunate that people are not more understanding of how awful it can be.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"