View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 04:57 AM   #5
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Being a Christian means recognizing your sins and asking for forgiveness from the higher power. No one can be "Christ-Like." Anyway... that's irrelevent. I honestly don't give a crap about who Stapp beats up, last time I checked... that had nothing to do with making music. I hate drug use... but that doesn't mean that I'll boycott every musician from Scott Weiland to Jimi Hendrix. Recently in rock, we've seen Disturbed beat up Finch... and Godsmack crew members beat up Story of the Year. Who ever said being a rock star is a gentleman's game? Look at Liam Gallagher of Oasis. That man is CONSTANTLY instigating feuds. That doesn't change the fact that his band created some of the best songs of the 1990s. I mean... why do people act surprised that Stapp has a temper? He's written songs like "Fight Song," "Bullets," and "What If." Bottom line... NONE OF US were there and there is no public evidence that this happened. For all we know... 311 has a dislike for Stapp and saw these rumors as a good way to slander Stapp. What Stapp does in his personal life has nothing to do with me. I listen to his music and enjoy his lyrics. Rarely, will you find a SAINT in rock music. Kurt Cobain would instigate fights constantly... that did not affect Nirvana's popularity at all.

I dunno... I still remember when Godsmack said that Stapp was being a dick to some handicapped guy in a wheelchair. It's all words to me when someone can't provide a thread of evidence to back it up. I think you're jumping to conclusions too fast Steve... Stapp is an artist who is intensely hated and also adored. He's an easy target. To me, this is like Michael Moore saying that the President is a liar. If the source can't really provide evidence... then is the defendent guilty? Or is he/she innocent until PROVEN guilty?

If this is true... then I wish the band that was there was Good Charlotte.

Last edited by Chase : 12-01-2005 at 05:11 AM.