View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 12:34 PM   #10
Chris98GT
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Scott Stapp @ calendarlive.com) "I don't know what to expect, I really don't," Stapp said in a hushed voice during a visit to Los Angeles to promote the solo CD that hit stores last week. "Do I pick up where I left off? Or do I have to start all over again, playing to five people in a room? Do I have to work my way back up?"
"Do I have to work my way back up?" Damn right you do. You shit all over your bandmates and your fans, especially your fans in Chicago. All you've proved so far is that you still have yet to change. At this point, it's looking like you never will.

Mark, Flip, Brian - Did you see them pondering stupid questions like this when Alter Bridge came out? Fuck no. They went out and played. They've been playing their asses off for the last year and a half across the world, showing everyone that their hearts and souls are still in the music. What are you doing? You're sitting on your ass hoping you can pick right up where you left off, touring arenas and selling millions of albums. Pathetic.

You flushed your voice, your image and worst of all, your popularity down the toilet three years ago. For your sake, I hope you invested those millions well, because you will never earn that kind of coin ever again.

The Leno peformance just proves that it's over. If you had come out revitalized, re-energized, singing better than ever, maybe you would have had a fighting chance. All I saw was a shell of a man who was desparately and, most of all, insincerely trying to be what he once was.

You were never great Scott, you just had millions fooled. You may still fool some, but never again will you fool the majority.